What do I do if the Company Will not Accept Pay for Delete letter?
I am trying to clean up my report and so far t e process has been going well. However its one last report that I do not agree with. I know I owe the company but the amount is incorrect. Before it went into collections i disputed it with the original company for over charging me with no success. So I tried to clear this up with the company by sending a debt validation letter and a pay for delete letter after the company sent me a copy of the bill. But the company never verified that they were authorized to collect the debt from me or my state like the letter asked.

I received a response to the pay for delete letter and the company told me it was unable to delete the account because they must report all of their collections. I was wondering how true is this and what should my response and next step be? I want it off because its been about 3 or 4 years now and it keeps renewing. They renewed it twice this year so far and it seemed like its always after I contact them. Once after I sent the debt validation and recently after the pay for delete letters.

Does this mean it will not fall off of my account 7 years from the original date? I know that it is possible for companies to do a pay for delete but why won't this company accept the offer? Im lost on what I should do next. Thanks for the help!