Question

DandelionCupcakes

What do I do if equifax dispute takes over 45 days?
I disputed through their website on Feb. 16. I checked the site and it's still "pending" but the estimated date of completion is Feb. 18th. It's still within the time frame (26 days) but I just want to be prepared if this takes another month, what I should do. Thanks.

NEVER do online disputes.

In the fine print, You agreed to wave things like restrictive time limits and the right to sue if you disagree with their findings.  

You'll just have to live with what ever they find, whenever they decide.  

All disputes with creditors, Credit Bureaus and banks should always be in writing.  The law sets limits on how long they have to respond. And if they don't, YOU WIN. 

There's lots of templates for these kinds of letters on line, google Dispute letter to Creditor  or  Account Validation letter for credit bureaus. Read up on the associated articles on how they work and follow threw. 

Tip of the Day:  Hand writen letters get human eyes to look at them. Corporations have scanners that review printed letters for common phrases and classify as much as 75% of disputes as frivolus and reject them.