Question

AKCmovingup

What Credit to open next?
My goal is to get my credit above 700, im currently at 677. My credit history is shorter than average, includes one charge-off from 2 years ago. I have one credit card that I keep utilization under 30%, and a mortgage. I want to build my credit but Im afraid to get another credit card because of hard inquiries..... i know that furniture credit is sometimes a good option, I just dont know that I can swing the extra monthly payment right now. My car is in my husbands name, so that credit doesnt reflect on my report.

I also dont want to open something now, have a hard inquiry, and then get turned down for credit for something that I may actually need credit for.

Looking for advice!

Thank you in advance for your time!

Please read  the articles on this site so you can learn how to build your credit.  That is what Credit Karma is all about--educating people on how to build and use credit.