Question

Mschultz55

What credit card here" DOES" approve me even if it says my chances "ARE GOOD" ???

Most Helpful Response

The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how credit works and how to improve your credit score.  For the interactive tools on this site so you can see how certain credit activities may affect your credit score, information from two of your credit bureau reports is used.  There are THREE credit bureaus and all have different information.

You did notice that Credit Karma is free to all of us, but the fact is, it costs money to set up and maintain an Internet site.  Thanks to the advertisers (mostly credit card companies) here, we enjoy the free information that can help us improve our score. 

All credit card companies gather information on your credit history from at least one of the credit bureaus, but they aren't advertising which one they use, so there is no guaranteed way to tell you which card will approve you.  You will have to do as I have done since joining this site years ago and that is to read and learn, put these new skills into practice to improve the credit score, utilize the tools here to see if doing something may be possible (I did that before consolidating my cards) take a deep breath and plunge ahead. 

I can say that with confidence since 10 years ago, I could not have gotten a car loan  if my life depended on it, so I paid cash using the proceeds from the sale of my house, and the rest of the financial picture was grim.  But, after learning the skills, patiently waiting out some past bad mistakes to eventually drop from my credit reports, I was able to consolidate the high interest credit cards to one of lower rate and much higher credit limit, have acquited two more cards and was just pre-approved for a $30,000 auto loan, which is a good thing since that car I bought 10 years ago is beginning to wear out. So use the education and skills you can gain from studying the articles here, mwork to improve your score and enjoy what I am enjoying finally at 68---0excellent credit that makes life so much easier.