Question

ocd1384

What are "HARD INJURIES' on your credit report?
I have 5 "HARD INJURIES" on my credit report. I know that they last for 2 years but I have NO CLUE what they are. If someone could explain to me what they are. I would so appreciate it. Thanks so much for your time.

Most Helpful Response

A "hard" inquiry happens whenever you apply for new credit.  You give the potential creditor permission to pull your credit report and it counts for 10% of your total credit score.  "Soft" inquiries do not count against your credit score, they happen when you pull your own report, or when your current creditors check your credit report.  One exception to the "hard" inquiry rule - if you are shopping around for a new car or mortgage and you apply for credit within the same 30 day period, all those inquiries only count as one inquiry against your credit score.  This allows you to shop around for the best rate without being penalized.