Question

StareMan

Was ther a connection?
A couple of weeks ago, I used my credit card to buy gas at the pump like I always do. I got home within a few minutes and checked my email. I have alerts set up so that I receive emails from the credit card issuer about certain transactions, amounts, and so on. There was an email about my recent transaction at the gas station. No problem. However, there was another one about an Internet charge of $1200.00 in Florida (I reside in Michigan) which I knew nothing about! I immediately called the credit card issuer and they canceled my card. I received another card by overnight express the next day. All was well.
Did the fraud go down at the gas station or was it just a coincidence? When I finished pumping gas, a notice came up: "see attendant for receipt". I went inside, and the clerk took my card, swiped it again, and handed it back with my receipt. I figure the bogus charge was made with the clerk's swipe of the card. Later, I went to the police, but since the card issuer negated the charge, "there was no victim" and nothing they could do. Your thoughts?

You need to inform the Credit Card company of what happned at the gas station,  give them all the information you can.  I'm sure their fraud dept is tracking everything.

take a look at the following

http://www.wikihow.com/Report-Credit-Card-Fraud