Question

wileewonka

Utilization dropped, score dropped . . . ???
My TransUnion score *was* 727, and Vantage score 801. I got a bonus at work at paid off a credit card that was at 52% utilization (CK grade C) on a credit limit of $15,800, and set up to just have two charges automatically paid by the account every month. So I was at 1% utilization, $150 statement balance (CK grade A) for the next cycle. No change to credit card limit. No other changes to the credit report at all. My TransUnion score *dropped* 17 points to 710 and Vantage score went up to 881. Where did I go wrong with TransUnion?

Me too

Why is it that when my Transunion credit utilization hits below 40%, my credit score drops by 35 points but it increased once it was at 40% and above?