Question

aedwards1120

Use my credit card like my debit card and pay it off with my weekly check?
I was told by a co-worker that the way he raised his credit score was by using he credit card like his debit card and just paying off the balance with his weekly check. i know me not using my credit card at will not help matters at but using it for all my week lt purchases?Please let me know if this makes any sense at all.

Most Helpful Response

Yes and No

it will help your score, but in the long run you'd be better off putting that check away and making one large payment each month,

I do basicly the same thing,  I have an e-banking account that i use solely for bill paying, each week i put the funds for the credit card purchases into that account then the bill is automaticly paid when the e-bill comes in to my bank.  The big payment looks better to creditors.  making lots of small payments tells them that you don't really need the card because you could have used a Debit Card instead.  If you really want to build your score fast pay off 95% of the balance each month and let the 5% carry over.  I only do this when i know that i will be applying for new credit and want my score to go up. Carring a balance raises your score because the lenders see an oppurtunity to make money!

Good Luck