Question

Fed311

Urgent Care provider incorrectly billed insurance, sent to collections. What can I do?
Had a visit to an urgent care facility that is covered 100% under my insurance (with just a co-pay).

I paid the co-pay, and the urgent care facility incorrectly billed. (they only billed 90% of the remainder). They also very promptly sent the bill (which I did not expect at all) to a collections agency.

I know I can dispute it, but I have since changed insurance companies (with the new year) and the bill is only $34.

Honestly I would happily just pay the $34 to make the mess go away, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to eliminate the black mark on my credit report.

Supposedly lenders would ignore it since it is medical and <$100, if they use vantage 3.0. But, who knows if they do. This year I am planning to make a home purchase, and don't want some accountants screw up to cost me big bucks.