Upside Down Auto Loan
The vehicle I'm in is worth about 5000 and I'm upside down in my current loan about 13000. What can I do with poor credit? It will take forever to pay off the loan and I'm afraid the car will no longer be useable by then. Under my account with Credit Karma it gives me some auto loan savings which will reduce my payments monthly (my payments are really high). Should I try one of the offers or continue to struggle in the loan I'm in.

Tianna04

Most Helpful Response

If your credit is poor and you are upside down, you will likely need to pay down principal to gain some equity before you can refinance.  What source are you using to price your current vehicle's value? I've been told the banks use the NADA retail value.  If you're using trade-in value, you may not be as upside down as you think.  

Response by
smtanet

Submit to the Community