Question

wolfer90

Unsecure/Upgrade my BankAmericard?
Hi, I got a secured credit card from Bank of America last April, depositing $500 which got me a $500 credit limit. This built my credit up to this April, where I was able to apply for and obtain a Discover it Card. At this point, I would like to keep having a Visa such as my BankAmericard (To use in places that don't take discover), but I would prefer to be able to get my deposit back and upgrade to something that will also get me rewards (Or at least no $39 annual fee). My credit limit on my BankAmericard has been raised twice since I got it, and I have paid every statement in full on time. Do I need to unsecure the card first, and then try to upgrade? Will upgrading automatically get my deposit back? Is this something I need to go to a BoA for or do I need to call them? I'm considering keeping the visa with BoA because I also have my checking account with them which makes managing it super easy, and I intend to continue to use the Discover as my primary card. Thanks for any help you can give!

Why don't you go into your physical banking branch of Bank of America, and ask to speak to an associate?  See if they'll give your deposit back, and ask if you're eligible for B of A cash rewards visa earning 3% on fuel, 2% at grocery stores, and 1% on other purchases. If you have the rewards go into a checking or savings account you earn an extra 10%. 12% on groceries and 13% on fuel is earned.