Question

ItsmeKellyP

Two very different credit scores; how do I determine the most accurate?
From what I understand, CK uses the TransUnion new account score to determine my credit score... They say 566. Capital One uses the same scoring method and they say 717. How do I know which is more accurate if they are using THE EXACT SAME SCORING METHOD???

No one score is more accurate than another. Different financial institutions can report to one two or all three bureaus.  

Fico has 49 different flavors and that's the standard banks use to finance mortgages for instance. Credit Karma has what people call FAKO scores. It just estimates what your FICO could be. 

Get an AMEX and they will provide you with a FICO 8 score, the flavor most used by creditors. most mortgage lenders use FICO 04 for Equifax and Transunion, and FICO 98 for Experian. 

Barclays, Chase Slate, Discover IT all provide free FICO scores every month. I'm not sure if you will qualify with a 566 but I'm just throwing it out there. The credit score is not the end all be all.