Question

jjc178

Trying to Raise score 50-100 points
Hi! I am trying to raise my score but need some advice. I have successfully gotten 5 collection accounts removed (thanks to this community and letters sent over the last year) and I am now at a 630 score from a 580. After these accounts were removed, my score didn't really raise that much (I'm thinking because they were pretty old collection accounts). Now I have only 2 collection accounts left- ERC (directtv) and Santander for a repo'ed car back in 2013. Both won't budge for a PFD. I am currently making payments to a lawfirm for Santander because they tried to sue me. This is not a judgement on my report. I also have 6 late's from Navient from 2013. My question is- has anyone gotten a repossession off early? Will removing the last of the lates raise my score? Thank you!

Navient is for student loan collection so, until those loans are paid, they will be on your credit report.  There is no SOL on student loans so they remain collectable until paid in full, no matter how long it takes and that will affect your score no matter how much other stuff you get off. 

jjc178

Thanks for the response.  I tried emailing Navient's Customer Advocate address with a GW letter for the lates but yet to hear a response back.  I figured there I'd at least try!  I've been current with them for 3 years, although I have a feeling this won't matter too much!