Question

wellers97

Trasunion and Barclay scores almost 100 pts. Different!!!
I have been interested in applying for a Barclay Apple card to take advantage of their 18 months same as cash. I've done my homework and know they use transunion so I went directly to transunion to get my score. They listed it as 649 so I went ahead and applied. I was denied and when I called to inquire they said my transunion score was 567! I don't understand the drastic difference.

The score you see

Is not always what they will see. 

There are 100's of credit algoritiums, you never know which they are going to use. Just because they use TransUnion, Doesn't mean that they will get the same score you see.  I have no idea why in todays tech filled world that they aren't more accurate, but then again the financial world is a slow moving behemoth of a system.