Question

Mickeya13

TransUnion-vs-Equifax Payment History Percentages
Why would my Payment History TransUnion percentage read as 100%-Excellent, but my Equifax percentage reads at 85.5%-Very Poor. This doesn't make any sense to me. How can one agency report that my Payment History is 100% yet another read a much lower score at 85.5%? Also, how long does it take for a short-sale to be removed? I short-sold a house 4 years ago. And why don't creditors look at the WHOLE payment history and see that circumstances can occur in someone's life that cause certain credit to fall short, such as, the loss of a job causing the loss of a property, with ALL other credit payments (credit card and auto loan) ALWAYS paid on time? What ever happened to "Character" being considered as part of the lending process? I guess we aren't "people" anymore, we are all just a number.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma web site bug

The difference in payment history percentages (between TransUnion and Equifax) is clearly a web site bug.  I have an extremely high credit score, as befits my essentially perfect credit history; but Credit Karma's web site claims that my Equifax payment history is "Very Poor" while my TransUnion payment history is "Excellent."

The only difference I see is that 3 creditors (of closed accounts) never bothered to report my payment history to Equifax.  Equifax realizes that this is the creditor's choice and has nothing to do with me; but Credit Karma's web site incorrecty interprets those accounts as missing payments.

“Character” has nothing to do with credi

If it did there would be no such thing as Bankruptcy or 20% interest rates. Character requires morality, There is no more immoral institution than the american financial system.
Look at the financial system and how it operates and realize that a persons character is not something they can build into a computer algorithm,  So they just ignore it in order to keep the system moving.   

Humans no longer review a persons file before approval.  It's not until the paperwork for a loan is actually being processed that a human will even have the opportunity to look at someones credit report.  Prior to that its a computer that is doing the work. In the case of credit cards it's all done by the numbers that a computer sees. Even when interacting with a human rep for a CCco they are only relaying what appears on the screen before them. There are million's of credit transactions by thousands of financial companies and millions of retailers daily. Humans no longer have time to review credit files.

All those computers are also on schedules. They report certain information at intervals that do not always match.  The info on my credit reports never match 100 percent.  It has to do with which credit cards and loans report to which credit bureaus and when. That info is compiled and updated once a month.  Then there are some that are only reported to one and never get cross reported to the others. Compare your reports and you'll find that some times a late payment is reported to one bureau and doesn't get reported to the others.  There are over a thousand credit bureaus all collecting info each day, then reporting to the others.  Many opportunities for typos and information to get screwed up.

We ARE "Just a number" now.  So its important that you guard and take care of your credit so that "number" can best represent who you are.