Question

cphorgan

Transunion credit score lowered for no discernible reason
My credit score dropped 6 points this month while nothing else in my financial life has changed, with the exception of me saving more money. I have no debt, carry no credit card balances, have no derogatory remarks but yet my score still went down. Does anyone know how to question or challenge this? Thanks!

your not using enough credit

Remember the credit rating system was developed by the credit lenders as a way to guage weather you are a reliable borrower. 

My Credit usage is below 7% and my score keeps dropping too.  Its as if you are being punished for NOT using credit.  

To the lenders the most credit worthy are those that use a lot of credit with high balances that earn them a lot of interest and always make their payments. If your credit history is shorter (less than 8 years average)  this kind of flucuation happen much more frequently.

Don't worry to much about the exact score. 6 points either way won't generally have an effect on weather you get approved for credit.  It's more about which bracket your score is in rather than the exact digits.

Good Luck