Question

TrialByFire24

To pay or not to pay?
I'm down to my last 4 baddies (down from 15 or more last August), and I'll take any advice I can get. As you can see, most of these accounts are 3+ years old. I've been on my best credit behavior the last 2 years and really want to clear any of these remaining boogers up. Here goes!

1. CMI...Balance: $380 Placed for collection: 7/9/2009 Date updated: 11/20/2009 Month and year this item will be removed: 02/2016

2. Credit Acceptance Corp...Balance: $3,250 Date update: 3/21/2014 Voluntary Surrender Date to be removed: 08/2017

3. 1st Nat'l Bank....Balance: $333 Date Updated: 3/31/2014 Charge Off Date to be removed: 03/2018

4. NCC....Balance: $850 Date updated: 3/24/2014 Collection To be removed: 07/2014

How would you handle something like this?

The big monkey on my back is Credit Acceptance. I spoke with Credit Acceptance today, and they offered to settle for $1,500 to be considered PIF or $1,000 to be considered SETTLED for LESS than owed. I asked if they will do PFD but they said no. I would like to make good on some of these debts, and I do have the money put back to pay some of these. I don't want to drain my savings though, especially if it won't help my scores or credit situation. Yes, the peace of mind is worth something but I want these off my reports if possible. None of these creditors are contacting me currently. Would like to buy a house in near future. Thank you in advance for any help yall can provide!!!!

Current scores are EQ FICO 628, CK Fako 594, EX 635 (up from 495 1.5yrs ago). Have acquired 2 secured CC in last 10 months.
..

Most Helpful Response

anybody?