Question

TiffanyC13

Thinking about a BK, but I don't want to lose my car. Can I file and keep my car?
I have always had good credit and paid my bills on time, until recently. Things have just gone down hill in the last few months. I have thought about filing a BK, but I don't want to lose my car. Can I file and keep my car even though my car creates the most debt for me more than anything else? I just don't want to be walking in AZ's 111 degree weather with 2 kids. I have about $15k in credit card debt, $13k in student loans (I know those have to be paid) and $25k on my car. My car is $8,000 upside down, but I'm afraid I will not be able to get another vehicle right away if I file the car. I am a single parent with only my income for the 3 of us. I just can't afford all the bills.

yes, each person gets to keep 1 car.  don't list your car in bankruptcy unless you can't afford to pay.  consult your lawyer to get advice.