Question

teejis

These aren't mine...?
I'm young and new to this whole credit thing, so please excuse me if I'm asking a stupid or naive question. This is basically my first time ever looking at my credit report or anything about it and there seems to be a good amount of things on here that aren't mine. (Of course, they're all negative things).

Don't companies or accounts need a SSN to be associated with my credit score? If so, how can that possibly get messed up? My father and I share the same name... I would assume that is where most of this comes from, but, once again, isn't everything verified by a SSN? For something that decides a lot in my life, these seems to be an extremely sloppy institution.

If anyone can help me out with some advice on how to change and get rid of these things, I'd greatly appreciate it.