Question

Teebomb

There is a judgement on my credit report. Can you help me figure this out?
I just looked at my credit report and noticed there is a civil judgement I. The amount of $163. I knew nothing about this. I Searched CCAP also and I see the judgment is there also. I contacted the creditor to see what I need to do to have it removed from CCAP and my credit report. She says I need to pay $2,932 . I'm confused because if the judgement is for $163, why do I have to pay over $2,000 to have it removed. I'm sure I don't even owe that amount. A judgment is court ordered right? If the judge states I have to pay $163 to satisfy the debt, can the creditor say something completely different?

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look on them for Public Records and you should find the information on the judgement. The increase just might be due to interest and the need to reimburse the creditor for court costs because they had to file suit to collect.