Question

smithaus

There is a credit card showing up on my report that does not belong to me, what should I do?

Time for Action

When something shows up on YOUR credit report that YOU didn't have,  dispute this with the credit bureaus and you might even consider having a fraud alert placed on your credit files so no one can open any other accounts with your name without it being cleared by YOU. 

I hope you don't carry your Social Security card with you.  Very seldom do you need that during the average days, but just that small bit of information in the hands of someone dishonest can open the door to a whole world of benefits for them and heartaches for you.  Keep the SS card in a locked box at home.

Most Helpful Response

Beverly

Do you have a store credit card, like Home Depot?  It won't be listed on your credit report as Home Depot;  it will be the parent company's name.

SnakeRAM

Yep, that's what it was for me I think.