Question

poetmunky

The student loan on my credit is my ex wife's loan. The company won't give me info.
I paid my part of the loan in 2005 in our divorce. Last time I tried to find out what was happening with the loan, the company said they had no record of me and they could not tell me anything. I am only contacted if the loans go into default. I have messaged the loan companies AND the DOE without response. What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Did you co-sign the loan?  If they don't have any record of you, how is it they contact you when it is in default?  I'm guesing they call you because they are trying to track down your ex-wife.  If you didn't co-sign, then just ignore them.  If it shows up on your credit report. then write to all three bureaus and tell them it is not your account.  Best of luck!