Question

EmiliciousQK

Temporarily Remove Account From Credit Report?
I want to call my private student loan lender (WORST DECISION EVER TO GET PRIVATE STUDENT LOAN NEVER DO IT FUTURE STUDENTS) and agree to some form of arrangement...is it possible that they would temporarily remove the late payment history from my credit report? And then obviously it woud be agreed that if I did not complete follow through they can re-apply it. I am trying to buy a home and I need my credit score to jump up. I've already begun making arrangements with other accounts that I will pay x amount with the agreement that they will take it off my credit report and that is already proving to be a significant help in restoring my credit.

Most Helpful Response

Sorry, but you need to get your debts taken care of before you can even think of buying a home.  And I suggest you read the articles here ;nowm so you can get a good understanding of how credit works.  It certainly cannot be 'tweaked' to suit your whims like you are asking for. Develop a mature, responsible financial pattern then you will deserve to get the house.