Question

stresamnuahs

Successful dispute of an aged account on Equifax. What about Experian or Transuion?
I disputed an aged account for early removal (it was scheduled to be removed by Aug. 2015) on my Equifax report using their Online Dispute tool. However I could not log in to Experian to dispute the same item (even though it doesn't show on my 3-bureau report pulled by Equifax but was on my Transunion), so my question is very simple. If it is successfully removed from Equifax, does Equifax have to report the information to the other bureaus for removal. I have noticed if I disputed something on Equifax it shows in the comment section for Exp. and TU. Would the same apply for accounts that are removed? I did do a separate dispute for TU since I had access to my report there (still waiting for answer), but I couldn't for Experian. Please advise. Thanks!

Getting a removal on one bureau will not get removals on all bureaus. If the account is not showing on your Experian report, then there is nothing to worry about there. As far as Transunion, they will do early exclusions up to 6 months prior of 7 years. I am not sure what boxes you check on the dispute for Transunion, but you should have checked the box "too old to report" and typed in the comment box that you were requesting an early exclusion. (typing in the comment box probably isn't necessary, but would make things clear as to what you are asking for.

Thank you. That is the box I selected on Transunion so I'll just have to wait and see if it does get removed. As far as Experian goes, I'll have to wait for the next time my score is updated through one of those free sites to see if it was in fact removed.