Question

Posted in Taxes

Magwheels76

State tax lien removal
Ok heres the deal .. I had a state tax lien brought against me in 2007. I paid /satisfied the lien in 2008 and it is still on my credit report . Its past 7 years it should have came off last year ,not to mention this entire time it hasn't been listed as " released" . How do I get this to disappear? Also I do have the documents/ receipt to back this up .
Thanks .

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute with each Credit Bureaus, either on-line or phone call. If they need reason, simply citing Fair Credit Report Act, section 605 (A)(3)...

1. (3)  Paid tax liens which, from date of payment, antedate the report by more than seven years. 

Medical

How long do medical collections stay on your credit report after paying them off and why does this affect your credit ?