Question

Andre3209

Sold car was never re-regestered so debt collectors are calling me. What should I do?
I sold a car in 2010. Actually i gave it away for free to a family that needed it. I signed over the title to them but don't have a bill of sale. They never registered the car in their name. Car got towed and the bill came to me. the car got towed almost 3 years after it was out of my possession. what should i do?

Pay off the collections,  and when you do request that the collections info be deleted from the credit bureaus ( that is if they have posted it already )   also you want everything in writing ahead of time.  

You have no proof that you sold it so you are stuck wth the collections.

It might have been cheaper to have paid for them to register the car.