Question

Jksquire10

Small Debt In Collections From Apartment Complex Move Out
I have a small debt in collections with National Credit Systems in the amount of $252. The debt stems from moving out expenses from a former apartment complex. I called National Credit Systems and they said that they can not and will not delete the record from my report, regardless of the amount I am able to pay. I called the original apartment complex and they referred me back to National Credit Systems.

NCS states that they do not own the debt, can I pay the apartment complex directly and have them remove this account from the credit reporting agencies? If not, how do I get NCS to remove this from my report after payment?

I've heard that pay for delete is a possibility, but the success rate is very low with NCS. I've also heard of utilizing a non-disclosure agreement to remove it.

Advice?

You've kind of answered your own questions. It's really up tp the agencies on whether they're willing to remove negative remarks. You've gotten a pretty clear position from NCS...try contacting apartment management & see if they're more cooperrative.