Question

melykins

Simulator shows 'My Recommendations' would hurt my score. Why?
My recommendations include a consolidation loan to pay off credit cards (best interest choice) or a new credit card to consolidate and pay off credit cards. Both options drop my rating. Why would Credit Karma include recommendations that would hurt my credit rating? Or is the simulator not to be trusted?

It is NOT Credit Karma that is making the recommendation but the credit card company that wants your business.  Think about it.  Credit Karma is free to all of us. It costs to set up and maintain an internet site, so who is "footing the bill?"  The credit card companies that advertise here.  The "recommendation" is made just on partial information, and not the full credit report.  So you are wise to question the advisability of this action....for now.  Do as I did and learn what needs to be straightened out so that you can soon have success dooing a consolidatin.  I did, and was successful last year!! Please read the articles here to get the needed knowledge.