Question

meadepride

Signed up for a student loan recovery program. Understanding was that late payments would be erased?
I enrolled in a student loan recovery payment program and to my understanding after 7 on time payments my credit would be restored? Its been 2 years with no late payments and those terrible late payments are still on my credit report. Should I file a claim? If so will it do any good or can it hurt my score?

You need to contact your loan company (Nelnet, Sallie Mae, whoever) and find out why they are still reporting the late payments.  From what I've heard, that issue sometimes falls through the cracks.  Also dispute the late payments with all three credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com.  Be persistent.  Good news is that late payments only count against your credit score if they are under 2 years old, but I realize they are still a red flag for those that pull your credit report vs just credit score.