Question

kjohans

should I take out a personal loan to pay off all my credit card debt at a lower interest rate?
I qualified for a personal loan at a lower interest rate than my credit cards, to pay off all of my credit card debt. I can only make the minimum monthly payments. Should I take the loan and pay them all off?

Most Helpful Response

IF -- and this is a big if -- you are absolutely positive you won't run those cards back up, then the personal loan with its lower interest rate could be a good idea.

What happens with most people, though, is that they feel so "liberated" by the lower monthly payments that they turn right around and run up the cards again, ending up in worse straits than before.

So whether it's a good idea or not depends on your own actions after you get the loan.

michlyn03

Thanks, that some excellent information that eas giving to me. How can I get started with finding a good company that would help my situtation.  

Personal loan

Should I take out a personal loan with low interest rate to pay off my loan, If so how do I go about find a company. 

Can I take out a low interest loan to pay off my outstanding debt