Question

zbass07

Should I take a break from applying for credit cards?
I've applied for about 3 credit cards in the last month all of which declined me. Two due to limited credit (since I have no credit yet) and one due to applying for too much credit cards. Should I take a break from applying? If so how long of a break? And are their and unsecured credit cards that will accept me or do I have to settle with a secured credit card?

Most Helpful Response

You must be applying for cards that are out of your league. When applying for cards it is important to do research on the cards before applying to make sure that you have a chance of being approved. Many card issuers also have preapproval links on their websites. I would highly suggest that you try to get a Secured card first, maybe try Capital One or OpenSky. Try to get the card that you feel that you have the best chance with, be realistic. If you cannot get a Secured, the you may have to wait six months to a year and try again. There are also lenders like First Premiere and Credit One that will approve many people, but their cards are really expensive. As said, I would work to get a Secured card from a lender like Capital One.