Question

mho5949

Should i refinance a personal loan to lower my debt to income ratio by extending the loan years?

It depends on what you are trying to acheive by doing so. Personally I would try to pay this thing off as soon as possible. If you are feeling a pinch on monthly payments, then by all means try to lower your bills to accomadate your budget.

mho5949

Purpose is to prep for a house purchase in 6 months. I'd like to lower my monthly debt payments for lower debt to income ratio, but want to consider the credit hit for opening a new line of credit. Not sure what the give and take is in this situation. I'd still aggressively pay the thing off as I am now, but want the credit score to report a lower required monthly debt payment. thoughts?