Question

inero

should i pay off 3 small dollar amount debts in collections or leave them on?
I have 3 small dollar amount debts on my credit report i am willing to pay but i dont know if it will help or hurt my credit score. Should i pay them or leave them on?

Well when do they fall off?

If they are yours and about to fall off soon then don't pay them and dispute it when their fall off time expires. If its a while you could call the collections agencies and negotiate a pay for delete and get that agreement in writing. Good luck to you...

inero

They are mine and they are from 2012 last updated in 2012. Should i pay them all off in full by contacting the collection agency. I did call them and they said they report the 1st week of every month. Does that mean its going to be removed or do i have to ask them to delete it and get in writing.

Get everything in writing

Incase they say they didn't agree to that or the item is still there. This would prove your case when it gets disputed. Even if it's mine I still try to dispute it since its worth a shot and I had two things removed that way. What's the worst that could happen? You will just be in the same spot as now. They report 1st week of the month which means they update their systems monthly so they could forget to delete your item. Make sure they delete with you on the phone and give you a letter saying they deleted the item and an AUD number ( proof of deletion). Other than that I would go through your collections one by one and see about taking care of all of them. 

Most Helpful Response

I would pay them only if they delete

They are young in age so they would be harder to get off by disputing so make a pay for deletion deal. Get everything in writing before you pay them as your proof incase they deny making the deal with you. It means they update their systems every month so once you pay and they delete give it about a month until its off your credit report and if not just dispute it at that time. Male sure they provide an AUD number (proof of deletion) on the letter since it helps prove your deal existed.