Question

mav91890

Should I pay my one Derogatory Remark?
I have one derogatory remark on my report from 2015. The debt was from 2012 for $150 and i was told will expire on my report August 2019. Seeing that it's a little over two years from being removed, should I even bother paying it? I was going to if they would be able to remove it completely from my report, but they said they don't do that.

The only reason this is on my report is because I left the internet on in my name when I moved and the family member didn't pay the bill like they said they would. I'm not looking to make any big purchases or anything and figured it'd probably be best to just let is disappear. What do you think?

I think that I would keep hounding them for a "pay for delete agreement". Keep asking, keep sending letters, try different departments of the collection company, keep trying and don't take no for an answer, maybe try the original company (internet provider) to see if they will accept payment and pull the account back from collections (and therefore from your credit reports). I would not simply pay it as it won't do much to help you and you will lose any leverage that you have in trying to get it removed. Other options may be, incorrect information shown, maybe dispute it and get it removed. FDCPA violations by debt collector, that may work in your favor. (fair debt collection practices act).