Question

captredtop

Should I pay my older medical bill?
I have a small medical bill ($109) that was reported in Jan, 2012. I have the money, and I'm happy to pay it, except I'm worried that even paying it in full will reset the 7yr reporting clock. I have tried pay for delete...no go. Do the new rules mean that it will go away immediately if I pay it in full (because it's medical debt) ? I find this all very confusing...how it affects my credit reports/scores. thanks in advance.

Paying it off still looks better than letting it sit on your credit with a balance owed.  This shows potential lenders that you still will take care of your debt even though you mess up along the way.  I would give the pay for delete agreement another try. This time be polite and ask to speak to the manager.  They can do this for you sometimes people can be difficult.  If you are unable to do so just pay it anyway. It still looks better than not paying it at all.