Question

Jabbs2001

Should I pay a debt that was disputed and has been removed from my report?
A debt was falsely reported to the credit agency. I disputed it and it was removed from my credit report, but I am still receiving bills from the collection agency. Should I just pay it off now that it has been removed from my credit report, or will that make the debt look "legitimate" and hurt my credit score?

If the debt really wasn't yours, contact an FDCPA attorney for a consultation. Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act). If the debt is actually yours and you think they may be able to amend their info and put the account back on your credit reports, then yes you may consider paying it as long as you can pay in full and get them to agree to not place it back on your reports, which the most likely wouldn't do anyway as long as they get there money they are done spending time and money on you.