Question

ATX1

Should I increase my secured card limit or pay down student loan?
I have about $1700 left on a small student loan and am wondering if I should pay off $1000 of it to lower it to $700 remaining or increase my secured card limit by $1000 (or just open a new secured card). I don't want to fully pay off the loan since it is my longest open account.

Which would be more beneficial to my score?

I also have an account that was closed as derogatory from a bank that was $2800. Can I negotiate with them to get this removed. If so, what's the best way to do that?

Pay off the student debt.

It won't matter if the account is closed or not, since it will still remain part of your overall credit history.