Question

kaylajay

Should I get one credit card and put all debts on it and pay this timely?
I have a few medical bills in collections along with a defaulted credit card. Should I get one credit card and put it all on there to make timely monthly payments?

Most Helpful Response

First, get a new card!

It is a good idea to transfer balances in order to pay them off, and you should get a balance transfer card for it. However, with bills in collections and one defaulted credit card, your chances of getting a best balance transfer card are slim according to me. They generally need excellent credit, where 'no delinquent accounts' is a key. Try with cards from smaller banks first.