Question

nremt24

SHOULD I FILE BANKRUPTCY? MY SITUATION IS BELOW THANKS
I'm 39 y/o never had filed bk nor do I want to but I'm thinking it might be better if I did.....

Score now 522 no, active accounts except 5 in collections.
No, Repo. Since 08/00 15 inquires, 1 state tax Lien for 509.

Other debt is around 2,000$

I'm disabled with fixed income of 800/mo.
What is my best option...

A BK will ruin your credit...... Look it up the ones you can file are Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bk's.... You will not be able to finance virtually  anything for 5 years and this item will stay on your credit for the next 10 years...... 

With an $8700/mo income based on [disability, forget bankruptcy because disability compensation generally cannot be garnished in any way and your income is below the poverty level.  Just concentrate on meeting your basic expenses and make all payments on time for those expenses. Look to getting whatever assistance you can such as low-income energy assistance, equal payment plans for utilities food stamps, housing assistance under HUD.  Those can make your life easier, and that would be good.