Question

kylerko

Should I file bankruptcy?
My credit cards utilization is from 75-748% cards total~$44,000(12 cards) plus recent repo deficiency balance will be around $9,000, I still need to get a replacement car,I was overextended and hadn't paid on cards since February 2014,car was repoed 4 weeks ago,I was unemployed since August 2014 and still am without benefits,I live in PA which I think garnishments aren't legal in PA for any debt except taxes and child support. When I get a job should I just have it go in my friends account and wait til statue of limitations is up or file bankruptcy?I know the credit cards will settle but my credit is 511 and I don't see any incentive unless there's a way paying can help my credit.I also owe medical of $1,800 from a work injury that wasn't covered by my employer,and my lawyer said all they can settle for is $10,000 even though I lost $30,000 in wages plus the medical bills. What can I do to clean up this mess,I don't want to bankrupt because of needing a car and wanting to build my credit back up sooner. My credit was at 360 in August and now is 511 which surprised me for not paying on any cards and multiple late car payments.I also don't know if bankruptcy will wipe out cards that are 748% utilization(I made payments on my cards but the payments never went through then I just added more items to the cards)I have a problem with credit card spending,but now want to rebuild my credit.

If you have more debt than you could ever get a handle on, then yes you may want to consider bankruptcy. Get consultation with a bankruptcty attorney and see what they advise.