Question

Vamp2518

Should I cancel this one credit account?
I have a credit card account for Firestone, the auto repair shop. It is almost paid off and I am wondering if I should close the account once it is paid off. I have several other credit accounts so I'm wondering how badly it would hurt my credit to close this one account. I have credit in the low 700's right now. I only used this Firestone card one time to pay for some needed repairs to my car. I have moved since then and found a much more reliable and reasonably priced auto shop. I have no desire to ever use Firestone again so I do not see the point in keeping the card once it's paid off. However, I am only 26 years old and am trying to build my credit. Is it worth it for me to keep this card even though I will most likely never use it again?

Only if you want your score to drop, as you would have learned had you taken some time to read the articles here to learn how credit works and how to build your score.