Question

BigBadBobberBob

Should a satisfied federal lein still show up as a derogatory remark??

Also, if this was an IRS lien, send the IRS a Form 12277, Application for Withdrawal of Filed Form 668(Y), Notice of Federal Tax Lien (you can download that from irs.gov website).  Complete the form as best you can, and send it to IRS and copies to all three bureaus.  That has worked for me in the past, but it does take a couple months.

BigBadBobberBob

Thanks for the starting line.  I see on Form 12277 that they ask for a copy of the Form 668(Y) to be attached to it along with the form 668(Z).  I have the (Z) form but can not locate the (Y) form.  It does mention if you do not have the (Y) form you can fill in the serial number associated with the (Y) which I believe is stated on the Release of Federal Tax Lein (Z).  Will my chance on having a withdrawl be less submitting it without the (Y) form? Or how do I obtain a copy of this (Y) form is the quickest why?

Yes.  It will remain for 7 years from the date it was released/satisfied.  However, go online or send a letter to all three credit bureaus and ask them to verify the information, and it just may fall off.  Doesn't hurt to try.