Question

ricpalmer69

Short sale home question
I short sold my house about 3 years ago. I am going to try to buy again in Aug. which is my 3 year point. I just went to look at my credit report and now notice a second mortage on my credit report that was not there before. i disputed it thru Credit Karma, but wanted to see if anyone else that has been thru a short sale had an old mortgage come back almost 3 years after the sale of the home? Please help!!!!!Thanks in advance.

Nothing to do with Short sales

or forclosures surprises me any more.  I heard recently about bank being sued because they reported a house that was sold in a cash deal that they tried to forclose on for lack of payment. Since the foreclosure crisis in this country many banks are screwy on their paper work. 

dispute this in writing.  Send a Validation letter,  Google it for a template. Mail this to one of the Credit bureaus asking to validate the account, that will force the creditor to prove that the account is valid and that they have a legal right to collect/report it.

I have found that disputing through CK is not always a good remedy.  Put everything in wiritting,  a paper trail is your best ally in these kinds of things.