Question

Ally827

SECURED CREDIT CARD...INCREASE CREDIT SCORE?
I was wondering if I opened a secured credit card with $3000-$5000 and minimally use it will it help to increase my credit score faster?

Most Helpful Response

It dosent necessarily build your scores any faster whether if it's 3000 limit instead of just 300. However with higher limit, your utilizations would be lowered given the similar spending.

Yes. If you are just building credit a secured card is a great place to start of no one else will supply you with one.

I started with the capital one secured card and did not have to drop a lot of money to get it.