Question

michelesantiago

Second Card Holder - credit card balances appear on both primary and secondary card holders' reports
My husband is a second card holder on many of my credit cards, where I am the primary. I didn't realize this, but these cards get reported on his credit score, not just mine. Since we each have high utilization at the moment, and we are trying to lower at least one of our utilization rates, would it be beneficial to his score if I removed him as a second card holder? (It just seems like, as a household, we are getting counted twice, and both of our scores are being affected.) On the other hand, if I remove him as a second card holder, could this negatively affect his score, almost like him closing an account? Thanks in advance for anyone's help!