Question

wildulip

score went frm 655 to 589 from 4/1 to 4/7. have 1 credit card & made my 1st pymt on time
My due date is on the 27th and I paid two days prior leaving a $25 balance. I'm trying to purchase a house and was told to always leave at the most a $25 balance. I realized after trading comments that I should pay in full before the cc company reports. I started repairing my credit in Feb and it was at a 580 and quickly jumped when I opened the secured cc to a 655(took care of a couple other accounts also. I just want to know is realistic for me to believe I will be back in the 650s in six months.Aprils pymt will be the second pymt made. What should I do, pay off the $268 balance(limit is 750) and not use the card until after the cc company has reportrd which is on the 1st? Helpppppp

Most Helpful Response

always pay the balance in full every month.  Never miss a payment.   relax for now you are okay.   As for leaving 25 on the account you might do that once a year. 

Agreed with the previous commenter, but I would like to clarify one thing in response to a question you asked. The answer to whether you should not use the card is that you should absolutely use it. What you want to do is once a month when you go to buy gas, use that credit card to pay for the gas. When your bill comes pay it off in full. Rinse and repeat, once your statement for the month is posted saying you owe $40 for your gas purchase and you payment is due in 3 weeks, between this time and when your next payment is due go buy gas again.  Then when your payment is due do not pay off the "Balance" ($80 for both gas purchase before and after the statement was issued) pay off the "Statement Balance" (The $40 the is billed on your recent statement). That will prevent you from paying any interest and it will show an actively used card and build up your on-time payment history. All about working the system.