Question

jakeefromstatefarm

School loan increased score, but will my score remain stagnant now?
My school loan of around $40k hit my credit report and my score went up about 50 points. It was very low before. I have no other credit cards and my score has some pretty bad hits on it from the past, but they are reaching the 7 year mark. My question is now that the school loan improved my credit score, will it remain stagnant if I pay it on time from here on, or will it improve just by being in good standing?

Most Helpful Response

Keep paying it on time and let the derogatories fall off and you should see a nice boost. If you have little to no recent inquiries it might be a good idea to get a credit card or 2, utilize them lightly and pay them off each month. It will increase your credit mix which will almost certainly help your score as well. Good luck!