Question

SUVtoHATCHBACK

Sales tax on new car, will dealer pay?
Looking into getting a new car, but I have no idea how to haggle or what goes on when buying a brand new vehicle. How much will a dealer come down? Can you get them to pay sales tax? How difficult is it to get a loan (I have good but young credit. This shows 732. A different site showed 742. Never had a late payment. ). I guess any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

It depends on how good of a negotiator you are. As far as how much the dealer is willing to drop off the price. My advise would be to do some research on a specific type of car you want to buy. Try to find out how much is the average cost of this vehicle. So you would know if you are paying too much for the car.  Don't purchase an item with your emotions, its hard to do, but if a seller knows that you have fell in love with a particular car; he will take advantage of you because he knows you really want the car, so you begin to say yes to all sorts of outrageous offers. Make up a standard of what you will accept and don't deviate from your plan. Simply walk away and find another offer if it is outside of what you think should be a good deal for you. The ball is in your court as well. Be smart! I know you can make the right choice. Also it would not hurt to talk to a local bank and get thier personal spin on what you can afford and what they are willing to lend you. This way you will know your boundaries. Happy car hunting my friend!!!