Question

Bankru

Requesting more info to id,. By mail why? Securit of information
I don't not think this should be mailed

If you believe that emailing is safer than mailing hard copies in the U.S. mail I believe that you are mistaken. Anyway, this is the Credit Karma site so they get to decide how things are done. By requesting further information they are protecting consumers, even if it is an inconvenience it is a good thing.

I recently had this happen to me. I was unable to obtain my credit report online and it told me to print a form and send in a copy of my drivers license and social security card with the form to verify my identity. I was absolutely not going to do that so I called them and asked them to mail me a copy of my report, which they did.