Question

ssscharger

Reporting incorrect information not listed on credit reports anymore.
I had filed bankruptcy (now discharged) and made an attempt to reaffirm my auto loan. The lender refused to reaffirm the loan, so It ended up being discharged with the bankruptcy. My credit score was in the mid to high 600 until the Auto lender decided to report the returned vehicle as a voluntary repossession, which is incorrect because it was discharged with the bankruptcy due to their unwillingness to reaffirm the loan. My score is sitting in the high 500 now and as soon as I was going to dispute the report of a repossession as a mistake it was corrected as being discharged. Unfortunately the damage to my score resulting from the incorrect repossession reporting did not correct itself. Has anybody encounter this situation and if so, is there a way to correct this? Thanks

If the account was corrected, then any points lost would have been regained with the correction if the correction allowed for a gain in scores. Scores change often, sometimes daily, they are not locked into any certain period of time. If your scores are still suffering it must be from the bankrupcty or something else, as the repo will no longer be scored if it is no longer there. Also, be sure to follow your FICO scores for the most accurate descpription of your credit worthiness used by lenders.